is a natural, 2-part formula of herbs traditionally used to support a healthy intestinal flora balance.It is formulated to be taken in harmony with your normal daily activity.
Candida Albicans, a common yeast, is part of the regular flora (bacteria) in the digestive tract. In a healthy state, they live in a ratio of about one candida to one million other bacteria. Due to many modern-day factors, this yeast can proliferate out of correct proportion. Yeast overgrowth-related disorders may then develop, such as yeast infections, rectal itch, constipation, bloating, skin problems, and many others.
With long term infestation, this candida yeast shifts into a fungal form which develops roots, called rhizoids, that can grow right into the intestinal wall. These rhizoids cause the intestine to become porous, allowing toxins and undigested proteins and carbohydrates to flow through the bowel wall, to be absorbed into the body and the blood stream. This condition is called Leaky Gut Syndrome.
The next step in this vicious cycle is that the immune system of the individual makes antibodies (proteins) which attempt to neutralize the candida overgrowth. These antibodies can cause the body to become hypersensitive to certain foods and molds, and can create a wide variety of food allergies. They can also interfere with hormonal activity and cause nutritional deficiencies.
What Are the Common Causes of Candida Overgrowth?
- Repeated antibiotic use is the most common cause of yeast overgrowth. A healthy intestinal bacteria balance suppresses the overgrowth of yeast. When antibiotics destroy this healthy flora, candida is free to proliferate.
- Birth control pills and cortisone drugs commonly cause candida overgrowth as a side effect.
- Over-consumption of sugar and refined carbohydrates greatly affects the balance of good flora in the intestinal tract. The lack of good quality food in one’s diet compromises the immune system, which helps yeast and parasites to flourish.
- Vaginal yeast can be transmitted from an infected partner.
- Higher progesterone levels seem to enhance yeast growth, so women with candida may see increased symptoms premenstrually or during pregnancy.
How Can One Get Rid of Candida?
1. CHANGE the diet to one that will not encourage growth of candida. Eliminate fruit and fruit juices, sugar, honey, fructose, maple syrup, cheese and dairy products. Soy sauce, mushrooms, breads with yeast, baked goods, and peanuts should also be eliminated. Avoid caffeine and alcoholic beverages.
2. EAT plenty of vegetables and lean protein. Soups and stews are excellent. Substitute yeast-free millet bread and gluten-free grains such as corn, millet, quinoa, and teff. Use Stevia as a sweetener. Snacks should include: pumpkin seeds (raw), sunflower seeds (raw) and oil-free corn chips. Use raw almond and raw cashew butter and vinegar-free salad dressings. Granny Smith apples are the only fruits permitted.
3. DRINK plenty of water: at least 1/2 ounce of water per pound of body weight, every day. For a 130 pound person that would mean 65 ounces, or about 7 tall glasses. Drink herbal teas and sweeten them with Stevia.
4. RE-ESTABLISH good flora in your intestinal tract with acidophilus and bifidus supplementation.
5. ENHANCE your digestion with enzymes after each meal.
6. CLEANSE your system.
Suggested Usage: As a dietary supplement take 20 drops in the morning
and 20 drops in the evening
Serving Size: 20 capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Uva Ursi (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi **20% arbutin) 300 mg *
Garlic Bulb (Allium sativum **2000 ppm allicin) 150 mg *
Magnesium Caprylate (Caprylic Acid) 75 mg *
Citricidal Extract (Grapefruit Seed & Rind ) 75 mg *
Pau D'Arco Root Bark (4:1Extract) 75mg*
Calcium Undecylenate (Undecylenic Acid) 75 mg *
Barberry Root (Berberis vulgaris ** 6% alkaloids) 50 mg *
Neem Leaf (Azadirachta indica) 5:1 extract 50 mg *
Olive Leaf (Olea europa 18% oleuropein) 50 mg *
Berberine Sulphate 25 mg *
* Daily value not established
* Standardized powdered extract
Other Ingredients: Vegetable capsule (vegetable fiber and water)
Directions: As a dietary supplement take 2 capsules in the
morning and two capsules in the evening
Serving Size: 20 Drops
Servings per Container: 30
Amt per Serving %DV
Oregano Leaf (Origanum vulgare) 39.6 mg *
Orange Peel (Citrus sinensis) 33 mg *
Oregon Grape Root (Mahonia auquifolium) 33 mg *
Pau D’Arco Root Bark (Tabebuia heptaphylla) 33 mg *
Cinnamon Bark (Cinnamomum casia) 20 mg *
Clove Bud (Syzgium aromaticum) 20 mg *
Peppermint Leaf (Mentha piperita) 20 mg *
* Daily value not established
Other Ingredients: Filtered water & Ethyl alcohol.
Herb extract at a ratio of 1 gm of herb to 5 ml of water and alcohol.
Percent Alcohol: 45-55%