Candex Information / Candex Review
An Enzyme Based Revolutionary Approach to Candida
Candex Frequently Asked Questions
Pure Essence Labs - Manufacturer Information
A Revolutionary Approach to Candida!
Candex is a dietary supplement manufactured by Pure Essence Labs. It is an enzymatic remedy marketed to treat the yeast infection Candida.
Because the cell wall of candida (and all other fungal organisms) is made mostly of fiber, fiber digesting enzymes can break it down. As this occurs, the yeast dies -- and with no die off reaction. While candida and other yeasts can develop an immunity to anti-fungal drugs and herbs, it has no defense against enzymes. Thus, enzymes are the best possible solution.
For over five years, Candex has provided the most potent blend of plant based, fiber digesting enzymes available for those suffering from candida. It is the only such product that has been proven in clinical trials, and has helped countless people live richer, fuller lives. It works very quickly, overcoming common vaginal infections in just days, and making a difference you can feel -- in even the worst of systemic problems -- within a week or so.
Because of Candex's success, it is among the most imitated products in the industry. But, if candida is a problem for you or your loved ones, make sure you insist on the original.
Suggested Use of Candex
Two capsules, at least one hour before breakfast, and two at bedtime, at least two hours after eating, until desired results are achieved. Always take on an empty stomach with 8 oz. of water. For maintenance, one capsule at bedtime.
Candex contains no anti-fungal drugs, so it cannot damage the liver as anti-fungal drugs often do. It does not cause the yeast to react chemically, so that healing crises do not occur. Because it diegests the yeast's cell wall, and because the yeast cannot change its basic cellular structure, the yeast develop no resistance to it. It provides ONLY cellulast enzymes, so that it's completely safe. It controls localized yeast infections within three days. It provides profound improvement against deep, systemic problems within 6 to 30 days.
Supplement Facts of Candex
Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Vegetarian Cellulase: 148,000 CU *
Vegetarian Hemicellulase: 60,000 HCU *
Vegetarian Amylase: 8000 DU *
Vegetarian Glucoamylase: 400 AGU *
Vegetarian Invertase: 2000 SU *
Vegetarian Malt Diastase: 400 DP *
*Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: Cellulose and water (found in all vegetarian capsules), magnesium stearate.
Storage: Keep tightly closed at room temperature. Caution: Please keep all supplements out of children's reach.
Candida albicans is a single celled yeast that is impossible to keep out of the body.
Normally, it does no harm, because it is kept in check by beneficial bacteria (probiotics)
like acidophilus. These bacteria, however, can be destroyed by birth control
pills, antibiotics, steroids, cortisone drugs, chlorinated water, poor diet and extreme
stress.When this occurs, candida can grow out of control. Candida causes problems by releasing toxins into the bloodstream. These toxins
trigger many discomforts, including localized (primarily vaginal or rectal) itching,
depression, irritability, dizziness, unclear thinking, difficulty focusing, extreme fatigue,
loss of memory, gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, extreme weight gain or loss, etc.
More than 100 million Americans are thought to suffer from candida overgrowth.
Candida is an opportunistic fungus that normally inhabits the mouth, throat, gastrointestinal tract and vagina. When candida overgrows in the body, it can cause illnesses such as thrush and candidiasis. Today, doctors are finding more patients with overgrowth of C. albicans and other pathogenic fungi. The main predisposing risk factors for fungal infection include alterations in immunity associated with broad-spectrum antibiotic therapy, poor and sugary diet, nutrient deficiencies, heightened toxic exposure, stress, underlying malignancy, HIV infection, organ transplantation, chemotherapy and other immunosuppressive drug therapy. These and other factors, such as changes in endocrine and metabolic balance, may enhance fungal colonization, alter the body’s inner ecology and lower host's immune response.
Click here to learn more about Candida
Measures to control Candida
There are various approaches to control Candia. Some common measures include- Diet and Fibers, Antifungals and Probiotics.
Diet and Fiber
Nutritional programs including internal cleansing are one of the approaches to control Candida overgrowth. As indicated above, diet should exclude fruit, sugar and yeast. Especially in the beginning of the treatment you have to be very strict and disciplined.
The following dietary suggestions are important to follow:
1. Eliminate or minimize the use of antibiotics, steroids, immune-suppressing drugs and oral contraceptives (only after consulting with your health care provider or physician).
2. Change your diet to one that will not encourage the growth of Candida. Eliminate fruit and fruit juices, sugar and other sweeteners including honey, cheese, dairy products and yeast. Candida thrives in a sugary environment, so your diet should be low in carbohydrates and contain no yeast products or sugar in any form. Soy sauce, mushroom, breads with yeast, baked goods and peanuts should be eliminated, as should any refined foods and any foods to which you are allergic or sensitive. Avoid coffee, soda and alcoholic beverages, as well as any fermented foods or beverages such as vinegar.
3. Eat plenty of vegetables and lean protein. The following foods are beneficial: most vegetables, especially broccoli, kale, garlic, turnip greens, onions, cabbage, eggs, fish and chicken. Homemade soups and stews are excellent. Substitute yeast-free millet bread with gluten free grains such as millet and quinoa. Limit potatoes, beets, carrots and corn.
4. Drink plenty of distilled or purified water: about 6-8 glasses a day.
5. Enhance digestion by eating more raw foods, chewing thoroughly and taking enzymes with every meal.
6. Re-establish beneficial flora in your intestinal tract with acidophilus and bifidus supplements, to help restore the normal balance of flora in the bowel and vagina, as indicated throughout this web site. Our Adult Formula CP-1 and our custom probiotic powder formulations are of the highest quality and potency available on the market today. Dosage is of utmost importance. The higher the intestinal flora imbalance due to Candida or other pathogenic bacteria, the higher the dosage of multistrain probiotic culture will be needed to overcome the resistance created by these pathogens. That dosage differs from person to person. It may be 50 billion cfu’s per day, 500 billion or even more. Thus gradual increase in dosage will determine the optimum dosage for each individual.
7. Improve immune function by stimulating lymph flow through exercise and deep breathing.
8. Increase fiber consumption. This will help absorb and sweep out the toxins that are being created as Candida dies off. Ground flaxseeds are an excellent source of soluble and insoluble fiber, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and phytochemicals called lignans. Colloidal bentonite and psyllium husk are also effective fibers.
9. Cleanse your system with herbs that help reduce Candida.
10. Repairing the intestinal wall and healing the ‘leaky gut’ by replacing or augmenting nutrients that support gastrointestinal mucosal healing. Vitamins, minerals, L-glutamine and fiber work synergistically to heal the intestines. A program including glutathione, N-acetylcysteine, milk thistle, dandelion, B-complex vitamins and a range of antioxidants can further help the liver in the detoxification process.
11. Stay on a probiotic and fiber supplement and continue on a maintenance diet and add back fruits and grains slowly.
Probiotics are live microbial food supplements that benefit humans and animals by improving intestinal microbial balance. The causes of Candida are manifold. Candida results from a change of the intestinal and vaginal microflora creating an imbalance between good and bad bacteria. The more the imbalance, the more varied the symptoms. In addition, the strain type of candida overgrowth affects the severity of symptoms and duration of treatment.
The use of probiotics is the most natural and common sense method to bring back the balance. Dosage differs from person to person. The greater the imbalance, the higher the dosage that may be required to overcome the resistance that Candida creates against probiotics to reinoculate the digestive and vaginal systems. Dosage is determined by the individual taking the probiotics.
To be most effective, probiotics must be live or viable, multistrain containing both Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria. The probiotic count must be verified by independent lab testing.
Hence quality and high potency probiotics must be used to change the microflora imbalance created by Candida and other pathogenic bacteria.
The major anti-fungal prescription medications are: Nystatin, Diflucan, Nizoral and Sporanox. Natural antifungal and antibacterial agents are garlic, olive leaf extract, oil of oregano, pau d’arco, uva ursi, golden seal, caprylic acid and citrus seed extract.
Generally speaking, proper diet, high potency and quality multi-strain probiotics and natural anti-fungal agents should be first priority in the prevention, control and elimination of Candida. If you have a more virulent Candida strain, you may require prescription medication. The kinds and dosages of prescription anti-fungals should be determined by your health care provider, based on your stool, urine and/or blood analyses. Simultaneously, the use of highest potency and quality multi-strain probiotics is essential.