Organic Wild Crafted Goji Berries Dried
Of the many varieties of the botanical Lycium, the Tibetan Goji berry (Lycium Eleganus) is considered to be the most health-enhancing. It grows in the remote, unpolluted hills and valleys of Tibet and Mongolia in extremely nutrient-rich soil without chemicals or pesticides, and is recognized as having the highest nutrient content of all the 80 varieties of Lycium. It is not to be confused with the Chinese Wolfberry (Lycium barbarum) which, though distantly related to the Goji, has a different genetic make-up and grows in a different environment.
All berries are dried to a moisture content of 10-14% for a soft and chewy texture, and can easily be re-hydrated if desired. These pure goji berries are raw, kosher, gluten-free, vegan, and 100% certified organic.
Tibetan Goji berries contain :
- Vitamin C ?500 times more per ounce than oranges
- Caratenoids ?richest source of all known foods or plants
- Vitamin B complex and Vitamin E
- 18 amino acids, including all 8 essential amino acids, a complete protein
- 21 trace minerals, including zinc, iron (11 mg./100 gr.), copper, calcium, selenium, germanium sesquioxide, phosphorus
- tetraterpenoids ?xeaxanthine and physalin
- anti-bacterials & anti-fungals: Sesquiterpenoids: cyperone and solavetivone
- anti-inflammatory agent: beta-sitosterol
The Goji Health Benefits
Dr. Earl Mindell, pharmacist, herbalist and professor of nutrition at Pacific Western University in Los Angeles, believes that as consumption increases, Tibetan Goji berries “will have more powerful benefits on health, well-being and anti-aging than any other product he has seen in years. He and others in the nutrition field have observed that Goji berries:
- strengthen the immune system
- increase energy and reduce fatigue
- reduce the effect of free radicals in the body ?the anti-oxidant effect
- engender a sense of wellbeing and optimism the “happy berry?
- help curb appetite and over-eating
Suggested Usage:Consume 10-30g(20-40) berries per day. Great as a snack or try mixing into smoothies,granola,cereals,salads and deserts. Also great to flavor water for workout.