What is Damiana Leaf Tea?
Damiana can be found growing wild throughout the southern United States, South America and the West Indies. It is a small shrub with yellow flowers and long, broad, light green leaves. The flowers have an aromatic scent with a warm, bitter camphor-like taste. Damiana was named 'mizib-coc' (meaning plant of asthma) by the Mayan Indians of Yucatan, but the herb's legendary reputation is noted by the second part of its botanical name 'aphrodisiaca.'
- Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
- Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
- This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
- If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
- If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!
It all starts with the herbs. Celebration Herbals is dedicated to bringing you the best tasting teas, grown and processed as close to "the wasy nature intended" as possible and never irradiated.
Our herbs are grown and harvested with the highest standards of quality control. You can trust our new special designations- Certified Organic, Ethically Wildcrafted, and Pure Quality.
We are commited to the environment. In this box you won't find any strings, tags, or staples in our chlorine free bags. In addition, our boxes are made from 100% recycled board. A resealable freshness bag is used to extend the quality and life of your tea.
We hope you enjoy the beneficial pleasure of drinking these teas as much as we have enojyed blending, hand crafting and packaging them for you.